We are recruiting a Shift Maintenance Technician to join our team. This exciting and diverse role will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
Purpose of the Role
To provide maintenance support within our leading high volume food production environment.
- Undertake Electrical and Mechanical troubleshooting on the Bread production lines and equipment.
- Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled Bakery plant, handling, and packaging equipment.
- Carry out preventive and Predictive Maintenance Routines using the site CMMS (PEMAC)
- Support Production Team in achieving targets.
- Closely monitor line and machine performance and intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs.
- Repairs to mechanical and control systems equipment including pneumatics and hydraulics.
- To be observant and work off your own initiative when a fault is detected and to act based on your best judgment on whether to effect immediate repair or not.
- Work closely with production.
- To keep clean any areas in which you are working, including the workshop and stores.
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies.
- Troubleshooting using PLC Programs.
- Be flexible if overtime is required.
- Trades qualification with strong Mechanical/Electrical background.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role in regulated manufacturing environment (outside of apprenticeship)
- Multi-skilled / cross-skilled ethos.
- Aptitude for process awareness, diagnostic / trouble-shooting experience gained in a Hi-volume environment.
- Good team player that can use their initiative.
- Possess mechanical and electrical maintenance experience and/or qualifications.
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to quality, Health and Safety.
- Experience with planned preventative maintenance.
- Experienced in fault finding and problem solving.
- Comprehensive knowledge of high-speed mechanical systems, electrical systems, automation, and PLC based control systems.
- Good PC Skills also required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience in FMCG / Food manufacturing would be an advantage.
- Participation as team member and willing to work on own initiative.
What we Offer
A competitive remuneration package including pension scheme, PHI, subsidised canteen, and other benefits.
If you think you would fit in, we would like to hear from you. Email us at jobs@Brennansbakeries.ie
Back to Jobs